Each affinity network at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP plays a key role in the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion program by:
- Offering a forum for networking and regular communication among diverse attorneys on topics of common interest
- Providing a platform to voice individual and group concerns and suggestions to firm management
- Promoting awareness of challenges and opportunities that may be unique to particular diverse groups
- Increasing the visibility and participation of our diverse attorneys within the firm
- Connecting our more senior diverse attorneys with diverse associates to provide an additional level of mentoring and career development coaching
- Actively participating in recruiting activities
- Identifying and coordinating marketing and business development opportunities
- Cultivating relationships with, and encouraging and supporting participation in, diverse bar associations, community organizations, and law student groups
Additionally, the Women Attorneys Network (WAN) has developed the following mission statement:
Hinshaw is committed to creating and fostering an environment that contributes to the development and success of its women attorneys and enhances the visibility and recognition of women in leadership roles within the firm and in the legal profession. Our mission is to stimulate, nurture, and encourage a firm culture focused on the recruitment, development, promotion, and retention of qualified women attorneys. WAN is committed to providing resources to assist our women lawyers to develop and expand client relationships and connect with one another to share opportunities for personal advancement in our careers and in the community.
- Provide meaningful and substantive opportunities for interaction among women attorneys at the firm.
- Provide mentoring and education for the development of women attorneys in their careers to excel in the practice of the profession and become leaders in the firm and the communities in which they practice.
- Provide training and opportunities for women attorneys to create and develop successful business relationships with clients and potential clients and share business networking opportunities with each other.
- Recognize, promote and publicize professional advancement and achievements of women attorneys within the firm and the legal community.
- Identify opportunities and events for women attorneys to showcase their talents and increase their visibility within and outside the firm.
Hinshaw Is Committed to Our Success
The National WAN Group is Co-Chaired by:
Heather LaSalle Alexis, Kathleen Kelly, and Hale Yazicioglu Lake with support from:
Brette Bensinger, Sherry Harlan, Connie Mayer, Jill Mendelsohn, Amee Mikacich, Annie Santos, Olga Simanovsky and Stephanie Tolson
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Hinshaw Affinity Networks
- Asian Pacific American Affinity Network
- Black Attorney Affinity Network
- Hinshaw Caregiver Circle Employee Resource Group
- Hispanic/Latino Affinity Network
- Jewish Cultural Heritage Employee Resource Group
- LGBTQ Affinity Network
- Mediterranean+ Affinity Network
- Veterans Employee Resource Group
- Women Attorneys Network
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Recognitions
- Leaders in Professional Organizations
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Events