Attorneys in the New York office of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP concentrate in a wide variety of practice areas. Many are prominent members of the Lawyers for the Profession® practice group, handling legal malpractice and professional discipline cases and appeals, advising on risk management, and representing clients in partnership disputes. Other attorneys have substantial management-side labor and employment practices, represent mortgage lenders, servicers and investors in litigation alleging mortgage fraud, predatory lending and violations of consumer protection laws, defend companies in consumer class-action cases, and have extensive experience representing large clients, start-ups, partnerships, professionals and investment funds in complex commercial and corporate litigation matters, directors and officers' liability actions, and insurance liability and coverage disputes. Additionally, attorneys in this office have substantial experience handling transactional matters, including complex financing arrangements for entertainment and film projects.
Our attorneys are admitted to practice in state and federal courts in New York, as well as in New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, the District of Columbia, Massachusetts and Colorado.
From LaGuardia Airport
Take the Grand Central Parkway towards Parkway West/Manhattan. Take the Brooklyn / Queens Expressway (BQE) (I-278 West) exit towards Verrazano Narrows Bridge, Exit 4. Continue on ramp and then merge on the highway BQE West (I-278). Take the I-495 (Long Island Expressway) Exit 35 towards Midtown Tunnel / Eastern L.I. / Greenpoint Avenue. Merge onto I-495 via Exit 35W on the LEFT towards Midtown Tunnel Manhattan (portions toll). Keep right at the fork in the ramp coming through the tunnel. Turn left onto East 37th Street. Turn right onto Third Avenue.
From JFK Airport
Start going towards the Airport Exit on I-678 South. Continue on the local road towards Van Wyck Expressway/Airport Exit. Continue on Van Wyck Expressway I-678 North. Merge onto Grand Central Parkway West via Exit 10 on the Left towards LaGuardia Airport/Triboro Bridge. Take the I-495West/Long Island Expressway Exit 10 towards Midtown tunnel. Merge onto I-495 West via the exit on the left (portions toll). Keep right at the fork in the ramp coming through the tunnel. Turn left onto East 37th Street. Turn right onto Third Avenue.
Take the number 4, 5, or 6 train to Grand Central (42nd Street) and walk 6 blocks north or take the number 6 train to 51st and Lexington Avenue and walk one block east to Third Avenue and two blocks south to 49th Street. Alternatively, take the E or V train to 53rd and Lexington, use the Third Avenue exit from the train or walk one block east to Third Avenue, and walk four blocks south to 49th Street.
- May 31, 2018
- February 6, 2018
- November 10, 2017
- Barbara Fernandez and Concepcion Montoya to Present Lorman Webinar about Defending FDCPA Claims Involving Collection LettersOctober 26, 2017
- Hinshaw's Janis Meyer to Present on "Professional Responsibility in the Digital World" at PLI Technotainment ConferenceOctober 16, 2017
- October 10, 2017
- September 13, 2017
- August 9, 2017
- May 15, 2017
- Ed Lenci to Speak on Dispute Resolution Involving U.S. Latin America Reinsurance Relationships at ARIAS U.S. Spring ConferenceMay 5, 2017
- Barbara Fernandez and Concepcion Montoya to Present Webinar on Top FDCPA Violations all Collectors Must be Aware OfMarch 23, 2017
- Concepcion Montoya to Present on A Sign of the Times: What’s at Stake for LGBT Asians and South AsiansMarch 15, 2017
- December 7, 2016
- December 6, 2016
- November 18, 2016
- November 15, 2016
- November 4, 2016
- Edward Lenci to Co-Chair Panel at the New York State Bar Association International Section ConferenceOctober 20, 2016
- October 6, 2016
- July 14, 2016
- June 28, 2016
- June 7, 2016