Located in one of the world's most sophisticated markets, Hinshaw's New York office is uniquely positioned to assist clients both large and small with a wide range of legal matters. The diversity of services our New York office offers is no accident. It was born from strong, conscientious management, and the understanding that collaboration drives success.
We have specific strength in the kinds of complex, high-stakes litigation that are as likely to cross jurisdictions as they are to stay in New York. Specific areas of focus for our New York attorneys include consumer financial services, insurance and reinsurance, and labor and employment law. We also handle matters and counsel clients concerning cybersecurity and data privacy, bankruptcy, and fidelity law, as well as D&O liability, professional liability, and legal ethics.
As part of our robust consumer financial services practice, we work with financial institutions, offering up-to-the-minute compliance advice and stellar litigation services. Whether it be a new and evolving regulatory issue involving fintech, a class action brought by consumers alleging some novel predatory lending scheme, or a single-party litigation, the underlying approach remains the same: to understand our client's business so that we can offer tailored solutions in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
Leveraging our nationally recognized insurance practice, our attorneys assist domestic and foreign insurance companies, representing and advising them on complex, high-value matters. We counsel and represent clients in a variety of matters, including those involving fraud and misrepresentation, claims allocation, trigger of coverage, late notice and pre-hearing security, and insurance coverage issues arising from natural disasters.
Our labor and employment team has their finger on the pulse of ever-changing and newly implemented laws that effect all businesses, including all aspects of the New York City Human Rights Law and New York Labor Laws. We also handle employment claims and help clients on all aspects of employment policies, handbooks and training, workplace safety and procedures—including COVID-19 workplace leave and safety laws—and employee benefits and leave laws.
Attorneys in our New York office are admitted to practice in state and federal courts in New York, as well in other states along the Eastern Seaboard such as New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, the District of Columbia, and Massachusetts.
- July 7, 2020
- In ACA International Webinar, Hinshaw's Matt Corwin Explores NYC DCA Rule Concerning Foreign Language ServicesJuly 1, 2020
- June 25 - 26, 2020
- Judy Selby to Address Cyber Insurance as a Cybersecurity Strategy at Wall Street Journal Cybersecurity SymposiumApril 28, 2020
- March 3, 2020
- February 12, 2020
- February 3 – 4, 2020
- January 28, 2020
- Hinshaw's Connie Montoya and Vincent Rizzo to Speak at the 2019 Lavender Law® Conference and Career FairAugust 7, 2019
- December 11, 2018
- October 22, 2018
- Connie Montoya to Address Law Students Regarding Job Search Strategies at the Lavender Law® Conference and Career FairAugust 10, 2018
- May 29, 2020
- McGrath and Newman Consider Potential Changes to New York's Service of Process Rules in Light of COVID-19 PandemicMay 15, 2020
- Hinshaw Client Success: New York Court Invokes Sovereign Immunity To Dismiss $15 Million Claims Against The University of Arizona And One Of Its ProfessorsMay 14, 2020Decision is the first application in New York of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Franchise Tax Board v. Hyatt