Rockford-based Charles Thomas was recently honored as the recipient of the Edward Potter Lathrop medal. The award is named for the first President of the WCBA and is given to a WCBA member whose work in the field of law and participation in civic affairs has had a "significant and positive influence" on the profession and on the "quality of community life."
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP's Insurance Practice has been ranked in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (Chambers USA). Additionally, Kent R. Keller, Michael M. Marick, Royal F. Oakes, Scott M. Seaman, and James H. Kallianis, Jr. were recognized once again by Chambers as leading lawyers.
The second edition of Hinshaw's Student Loan Servicing Regulations: 50 State Guide on Laws and Legislation has now been published. First launched in 2017 in response to aggressive action taken by a number of states to regulate student loan servicers, the national guide summarizes current state law and pending legislation regarding student loan servicing as of May 31, 2018.
- Bloomberg Discusses Steve Puiszis' Panel Presentation on "Ethics of Data Breach Reaction" at ABA Professional Responsibility Conference
- Hinshaw Partner Wendy Chang Appointed by Governor Brown to Serve as Superior Court Judge in Los Angeles County
- Ken Yeadon Discusses the Settlements of Two Libya FCPA Cases in Wall Street Journal
- Hinshaw Partner Cheryl Wilke Selected to Serve on Broward County Professionalism and Civility Pilot Program
- Kristen Perkins Discusses the "Surge" of ADA Lawsuits against Banks with American Banker
- Hinshaw Announces Second Edition of "Student Loan Servicing Regulations: 50 State Guide on Laws and Legislation"
- Anthony Davis Speaks to The American Lawyer About the Growing Problem of "Objectively Outrageous" Outside Counsel Guidelines
- David S. Weinstein Anticipates a Rush by States to Take Advantage of Recent U.S. Supreme Court Sports Betting Decision
- Anthony Davis and Steve Puiszis Provide GDPR Compliance Checklist for Law Firms
- Media Summary: Kim Jansen Discusses Landmark U.S. Supreme Court Case Involving Web Retailers