Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP’s Milwaukee office combines deep and longstanding local roots with the resources and reach of a nationwide firm.
The history of what is now the Milwaukee office began with the opening of Benninger, Hayes & Kluwin in 1931. Name partner John Benninger owned the original Milwaukee Brewers AAA baseball club. In the 1950s, the firm underwent a number of personnel changes and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hankin & Hayes. More than 20 years ago, in 1988, the firm merged with Chicago-based Hinshaw & Culbertson and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hinshaw & Culbertson.
Throughout our history, we have represented Milwaukee and Badger-State businesses and public entities with home-grown talent. Nearly all of the lawyers in the Milwaukee office graduated from Marquette University or the University of Wisconsin. More than one-third have been recognized by their peers on the Rising Stars or Super Lawyers lists. Our lawyers have served the community as prosecutors in the District Attorney’s Office, as elected officials, and as members of the boards of numerous local nonprofits and foundations.
We use our legal expertise and local knowledge to defend a wide array of clients, including those in the aviation industry, legal, medical and design professionals accused of malpractice, and manufacturers who have been sued for allegedly defective products.
- June 13, 2018
- January 12, 2018
- Russ Klingaman to Present at the EAA Airventure Oshkosh on Wright Brothers' Patent Infringement CaseJuly 29, 2017
- January 13, 2017
- October 20, 2016
- July 30, 2016
- Anthony Davis Speaks to The American Lawyer About the Growing Problem of "Objectively Outrageous" Outside Counsel GuidelinesMay 18, 2018
- February 23, 2018
- February 21, 2018