Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP’s Milwaukee office combines deep and longstanding local roots with the resources and reach of a nationwide firm.
The history of what is now the Milwaukee office began with the opening of Benninger, Hayes & Kluwin in 1931. Name partner John Benninger owned the original Milwaukee Brewers AAA baseball club. In the 1950s, the firm underwent a number of personnel changes and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hankin & Hayes. More than 20 years ago, in 1988, the firm merged with Chicago-based Hinshaw & Culbertson and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hinshaw & Culbertson.
Throughout our history, we have represented Milwaukee and Badger-State businesses and public entities with home-grown talent. Nearly all of the lawyers in the Milwaukee office graduated from Marquette University or the University of Wisconsin. More than one-third have been recognized by their peers on the Rising Stars or Super Lawyers lists. Our lawyers have served the community as prosecutors in the District Attorney’s Office, as elected officials, and as members of the boards of numerous local nonprofits and foundations.
We use our legal expertise and local knowledge to defend a wide array of clients, including those in the aviation industry, legal, medical and design professionals accused of malpractice, and manufacturers who have been sued for allegedly defective products.
- July 22, 2019
- Leigh Bonsall and Beth Odian to Present on Employment Law Risk Management at Third Annual GLCCA ConferenceMay 20, 2019
- NBI Rebroadcast of Noah Fiedler and Alyssa Johnson's Presentation on "Top Legal Ethics Oversteps and How to Avoid Them"May 14, 2019
- May 7, 2019
- Rebroadcast of Noah Fiedler and Alyssa Johnson Discussion of the Legal Ethics of Client CommunicationsMarch 14, 2019
- Noah Fiedler and Alyssa Johnson to Present NBI Seminar on New Developments and Proposed Rules in Legal EthicsFebruary 6, 2019
- January 10, 2019
- July 28, 2018
- Aviation Lawyer Russ Klingaman to Present on Drones and Emergencies at UAS Advocacy Network Summer Quarterly MeetingJuly 25, 2018
- July 21, 2018
- June 13, 2018
- January 12, 2018
- August 15, 2019
- May 16, 2019
- Carlos A. Ortiz Discusses Recent Case Law Impacting the Debt Collection Industry in ARM Compliance DigestMay 15, 2019