Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP’s Milwaukee office combines deep and longstanding local roots with the resources and reach of a nationwide firm.
The history of what is now the Milwaukee office began with the opening of Benninger, Hayes & Kluwin in 1931. Name partner John Benninger owned the original Milwaukee Brewers AAA baseball club. In the 1950s, the firm underwent a number of personnel changes and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hankin & Hayes. More than 20 years ago, in 1988, the firm merged with Chicago-based Hinshaw & Culbertson and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hinshaw & Culbertson.
Throughout our history, we have represented Milwaukee and Badger-State businesses and public entities with home-grown talent. Nearly all of the lawyers in the Milwaukee office graduated from Marquette University or the University of Wisconsin. More than one-third have been recognized by their peers on the Rising Stars or Super Lawyers lists. Our lawyers have served the community as prosecutors in the District Attorney’s Office, as elected officials, and as members of the boards of numerous local nonprofits and foundations.
We use our legal expertise and local knowledge to defend a wide array of clients, including those in the aviation industry, legal, medical and design professionals accused of malpractice, and manufacturers who have been sued for allegedly defective products.
- April 28, 2020
- April 24, 2020
- January 24, 2020
- December 27, 2019
- Noah Fiedler and Alyssa Johnson to Present NBI Seminar on Attorney's Duty of Technological CompetenceDecember 17, 2019
- Aviation Lawyer Russ Klingaman to Present on the Wright Brothers' "Flying Machine" Patent and its Impact on Aviation HistoryNovember 13, 2019
- September 11, 2019
- July 22, 2019
- Leigh Bonsall and Beth Odian to Present on Employment Law Risk Management at Third Annual GLCCA ConferenceMay 20, 2019
- NBI Rebroadcast of Noah Fiedler and Alyssa Johnson's Presentation on "Top Legal Ethics Oversteps and How to Avoid Them"May 14, 2019
- May 7, 2019
- Rebroadcast of Noah Fiedler and Alyssa Johnson Discussion of the Legal Ethics of Client CommunicationsMarch 14, 2019
- Noah Fiedler and Alyssa Johnson to Present NBI Seminar on New Developments and Proposed Rules in Legal EthicsFebruary 6, 2019
- January 10, 2019
- July 28, 2018
- Aviation Lawyer Russ Klingaman to Present on Drones and Emergencies at UAS Advocacy Network Summer Quarterly MeetingJuly 25, 2018
- July 21, 2018
- Russ Klingaman Describes Wisconsin's New Aviation-Specific Mechanic's Lien Law in Midwest Flyer MagazineJune 18, 2020
- Hinshaw Client Success: Wisconsin High Court Affirms Duty to Defend Victory by Insurer Liberty MutualMarch 25, 2020
- Client Success: Hinshaw's Jane Schlicht Helps Vindicate Trademark Rights Belonging to Storied Wisconsin Ice Cream ShopFebruary 18, 2020