Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP’s Milwaukee office combines deep and longstanding local roots with the resources and reach of a nationwide firm.
The history of what is now the Milwaukee office began with the opening of Benninger, Hayes & Kluwin in 1931. Name partner John Benninger owned the original Milwaukee Brewers AAA baseball club. In the 1950s, the firm underwent a number of personnel changes and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hankin & Hayes. More than 20 years ago, in 1988, the firm merged with Chicago-based Hinshaw & Culbertson and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hinshaw & Culbertson.
Throughout our history, we have represented Milwaukee and Badger-State businesses and public entities with home-grown talent. Nearly all of the lawyers in the Milwaukee office graduated from Marquette University or the University of Wisconsin. More than one-third have been recognized by their peers on the Rising Stars or Super Lawyers lists. Our lawyers have served the community as prosecutors in the District Attorney’s Office, as elected officials, and as members of the boards of numerous local nonprofits and foundations.
We use our legal expertise and local knowledge to defend a wide array of clients, including those in the aviation industry, legal, medical and design professionals accused of malpractice, and manufacturers who have been sued for allegedly defective products.
- Rebroadcast of Noah Fiedler and Alyssa Johnson Discussion of the Legal Ethics of Client CommunicationsMarch 14, 2019
- Noah Fiedler and Alyssa Johnson to Present NBI Seminar on New Developments and Proposed Rules in Legal EthicsFebruary 6, 2019
- January 10, 2019
- July 28, 2018
- Aviation Lawyer Russ Klingaman to Present on Drones and Emergencies at UAS Advocacy Network Summer Quarterly MeetingJuly 25, 2018
- July 21, 2018
- June 13, 2018
- January 12, 2018
- Russ Klingaman to Present at the EAA Airventure Oshkosh on Wright Brothers' Patent Infringement CaseJuly 29, 2017
- Analyzing State Case Law Interpretations of the Defense Cost Reimbursement Obligation in D&O PoliciesJanuary 15, 2019
- Hinshaw Wins First Place 'Your Honor' Award From Legal Marketing Association-Midwest for Visual Identity RebrandJanuary 11, 2019
- Hinshaw Recognized Nationally and Regionally in 2019 U.S. News – Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" DirectoryNovember 1, 2018