We are proud that our firm has been recognized by prominent organizations for our diversity and inclusion efforts. Below are our most recent achievements:
Corporate Equality Index 100% rating from Human Rights Campaign (2010–2018)
Honored by Equality Illinois with "Raising the Bar" recognition for commitment to LGBT inclusiveness and equality (2013 – 2017)
- Tier 3 in Minority Corporate Counsel Association Do Good, Do Well List (2016)
#74th in The American Lawyer Diversity Scorecard (2017)
#67th in Law360 "Top 100 Law Firms for Female Attorneys" (2016)
#56th in Law360 "Top 100 Law Firms for Minority Attorneys" (2015)
#20th in Law360 "Top 25 Law Firms for Black Attorneys" (2015)
Indian-American Bar Association of Chicago 2013 IABA Diversity Award
The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division 2013 Annual Diversity Award
In the last year, diverse members of the firm have received the following designations:
- Michele A. Vargas was named to Diversity MBA's 2016 list of "Top 100 Under 50 Diverse Emerging Leaders" in July 2016.
- Cheryl Wilke was selected as a recipient of SFBJ's 2016 Power Leaders in Law & Accounting in May 2016.
- Sergio Acosta received the Aguila Award from the HLAI, May 2016.
- David J. Alfini was selected for the 2016 Fellows Program of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), February 2016.
- Elizabeth S. Baker was honored as one of "50 Years, 50 Voices" in the Miami, Florida area, October 2015.
Other mentions in the last few years include:
- Daniel A. Trevino received the "Top Lawyers Under 40" Award for 2015 by the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA), February 2015.
- Jenny H. Wang was selected for the 2015 Fellows Program of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), February 2015.
- Elizabeth S. Baker received The Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award for the 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, January 2015.
- Barbara Fernandez was named as one of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida, October 2014.
- Barbara Fernandez was named as one of Diversity MBA Magazine's Top 100 Under 50 Diverse Executive & Emerging Leaders, July 2014.
- Cheryl Wilke was named by South Florida Business Journal (SFBJ) as an influential businesswoman in July 2014. The title of influential businesswoman is reserved for those who have earned the trust of clients and colleagues through a firm establishment of one's practice and commitment. Previously, Ms. Wilke was selected as a recipient of SFBJ's 2014 Power Leaders in Law & Accounting in May 2014, and was also recognized with the 2014 International Law Office (ILO) and Lexology Client Choice Awards—USA & Canada—for Employment & Labor in Florida, April 2014.
- Elizabeth S. Bakerwas recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as a "Florida Legal Elite," one of the top 1.8 percent of Florida's 56,000 lawyers, July 2014.
- In 2013, Diane E. Webster was selected by her peers and named by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer Magazine as one of the top "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch."
- In 2013, Barbara Fernandez was selected as one of the Daily Business Review's "Rising Stars," which recognizes South Florida lawyers aged 40 and under who have made a significant impact at their law firms on behalf of their clients and respective communities.
- In 2012, Wendy Wen Yun Chang was appointed moderator of the "Conversation with Justice Sonia Sotomayor" at the 2012 National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) annual convention.
- In 2012, Barbara Fernandez was included in the South Florida Business Journal's 40 Under 40.
- In 2012, Diane E. Webster was named to Diversity MBA Magazine's "2012 Top 100 Under 50 Diverse Executive & Emerging Leaders" list.