Amy DuMond Kottke advises her clients—which include both owners and lenders—on a wide range of business and commercial transactions. She primarily handles real estate development, financing, acquisition and sales, as well as commercial leasing and construction issues, throughout the country.
A self-proclaimed "dirt" lawyer, she works with landlords, tenants, buyers, and sellers, counseling them on lending, borrowing, leasing, putting up, tearing it down, and developing land. She is recognized as "experienced lenders counsel," and frequently counsels clients on a variety of financing and loan products, including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Section 8 and HUD-insured loans.
Amy also helps clients navigate complex financing matters concerning commercial portfolios, and has deep experience with development projects. This includes single family and multifamily housing, senior housing, industrial sites, and commercial retail developments, raw land development, and reuse and renovation projects.
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Network of Commercial Real Estate Women (MNCREW)
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a "Notable Women in Law" honoree by Twin Cities Business, 2022
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Real Estate Law, 2019 – 2022
- February 24, 2022
- August 19, 2021Five Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- Sixty-Five Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2021 Editions of Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchAugust 20, 2020Three Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- August 18, 2020DuMond Kottke brings diverse experience with real estate financing, transactions and development to Hinshaw’s Commercial Transactions practice.