Amee Mikacich advises clients in product and premises liability, labor and employment, and commercial litigation matters. She defends matters throughout California and in Oregon and Texas.
Amee is involved in many prestigious legal organizations, including the American Board of Trial Advocates and the International Association of Defense Counsel. She is a fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America. As a member of the Board of Governors for California Women Lawyers (CWL), Amee advocates for women in and out of the legal profession. She currently serves as the CWL President.
Before joining Hinshaw, Amee practiced at a San Francisco-based international firm for nearly five years. She also spent over two decades practicing at a litigation firm in Oakland, CA.
- Women Lawyers of Alameda County, Member, 2017–Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate, 2012–Present
- California Women Lawyers, Board of Governors, Member, 2012–Present; President-Elect, 2017–2018; President, 2018–Present
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow, 2012–Present
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member, 2012–Present
- Queen's Bench Bar Association, President, 2010–2011
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Litigation Division, Member, 1990–Present
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers list by Northern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2005, 2010 – 2015
- Lytle v. Berkeley Unified School District, Alameda County, Race, retaliation, and disability discrimination tried to verdict.
- Dyer v. Ford Motor Company, San Francisco County, Products liability, brake defect, wrongful death.
- Gambucci v. Oakfabco, Inc., Los Angeles County, Products liability, personal injury case against boiler manufacturer resulting in dismissal at trial.
- Bulnes v. Caltrain, San Mateo County, Railroad crossing fatality tried to verdict.
- Bergquist v. General Motors Corp., Los Angeles County, Product liability mesothelioma tried to verdict.
- Ledford v. General Motors Corp., Los Angeles County, Product liability mesothelioma tried to verdict.
- Davis v. Bay Area Rapid Transit District, Alameda County, Premises liability and elevator-related personal injury tried to verdict.
- Kennedy v. Bay Area Rapid Transit District, Alameda County, Rapid Transit District charged with negligent operation of train and injury to child, tried to verdict.
- Porter v. Bay Area Rapid Transit District, Alameda County, Train versus pedestrian-related quadriplegia tried to verdict.
- DSC v. Negrin, E.D. Texas, Breach of contract, industrial espionage and intellectual property.
- "Transition to Leadership," California Women Lawyers Annual Conference, San Diego, CA, April 2017
- "Pathways to Partnership," California Women Lawyers Annual Conference, Concord, CA, May, 2016
- Gene Brown and Amee Mikacich Provide Trial Lawyer Practitioner Insights in "Masters in Trial™" ProgramNovember 18, 2019
- September 14, 2018
- January 9, 2018Six Attorneys Bolster Firm's Strength in ERISA and Healthcare Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Product Liability and Insurance Coverage