April Villaverde's practice focuses on commercial general liability disputes and bad faith litigation. She represents insurance carriers on a broad scope of coverage issues and disputes, including bad faith, general liability, directors and officers, employment practices, commercial property, and environmental and contractual liability. In addition, she has extensive experience handling electronically stored information and counsels clients on e-discovery protocols, vendor contracts, preservation, and collection.
April completed a secondment with Markel Services Incorporated working with the Assistant General Counsel and the Extra-Contractual group to litigate bad faith claims and mitigate contractual exposures.
Before joining Hinshaw, April practiced at a global insurance and claims firm. During law school, she was a law clerk to the Honorable Ariel A. Rodriguez P.J.A.D., New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division.
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- June 8, 2022April T. Villaverde brings extensive nationwide experience to the firm's East Coast team
J.D., Rutgers Law School, 2006
B.A., Rutgers University–New Brunswick, 2001
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York