Kristin Hoffman is a litigator who defends national and regional aviation clients, including commercial airlines, and aviation and aerospace product manufacturers. She represents aviation clients in a variety of personal injury claims and environmental, toxic tort, and product liability matters.
In addition to her aviation practice, she handles claims involving professional liability and construction defects.
During law school, Kristin obtained the National Sports Law Institute’s Sports Law Certificate. Kristin interned with the School District of South Milwaukee and Disability Rights Wisconsin and served as a law clerk at the National Collegiate Athletic Association. She also served as the Articles and Research editor of the Marquette Sports Law Review.
- Chicago Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
Honors & Awards
- Marquette University Law School
- CALI Award in "Legal and Business Issues in Youth, High School, and Recreational Sports"
- Pro Bono Society
- Research Assistant for Professor Paul M. Anderson
- Joseph E. O’Neill Prize for Student Writing
- Joseph E. Tierney, Jr. Award
- Annual Sports Law Alumni Scholarship
- Annual Sports Law Alumni Achievement Award
- "Flipping and Spinning Into Labor Regulations: Analyzing the Need and Mechanisms for Protecting Elite Child Gymnasts and Figure Skaters," 25 Marquette Sports Law Review, 565, 2015
While an undergrad at Northern Illinois University, Kristin was a member of the women’s volleyball team. She was named a two-time Academic All-American and Honorable Mention All-American during her senior season. She was one of nine Division I finalists for the NCAA Woman of the Year Award in 2012. Kristin was inducted into the Northern Illinois University Athletics Hall of Fame in 2022.
Kristin has volunteered her time at The Hope Chest in La Grange, Illinois, since 2021. The Hope Chest is a nonprofit resale shop supporting Pillars Community Health’s Constance Morris House, which provides services for domestic violence survivors and their children.
J.D., Marquette University Law School, 2015
B.A., summa cum laude and university honors, History, Northern Illinois University, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois