Ross Manella has more than 30 years of experience representing domestic and international clients in the areas of commercial and residential real estate, mortgage transactions, corporate and commercial matters, and domestic and offshore incorporations.
Mr. Manella's real estate practice includes the representation of developers and commercial investors in land acquisitions and sales, and shopping center acquisitions and sales, as well as sales and acquisitions of multi-family apartment complexes, motels and hotels.
As part of Mr. Manella's real estate practice, he represents lenders in the areas of financing, secured transactions, workouts and foreclosures. He also has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and in the sale and acquisition of businesses. In addition, Mr. Manella handles the formation and structuring of domestic an offshore corporations on behalf of foreign investors, and is very active in the areas of tax planning and asset protection for foreign nationals. As a member of the Québec Canada Bar, he represents many Canadian and European clients.
Since 1979, Mr. Manella has been involved in issuing title insurance policies to both commercial and residential mortgagees and owners and is an agent for Old Republic Insurance Company and First American Title Insurance Company.
Mr. Manella has been a member of the advisory boards of several financial institutions.
He joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in March 2005.
Honors & Awards
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- "Legal and Regulatory Framework Overview," 2011 Florida Real Estate Conference, Montreal, Québec, Canada, December 2011
- Jewish Federation Business and Professional Campaign, Chair
- Weston Division of the Jewish Federation, Former Chair
- Jewish Federation of South Broward, Former Member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Attorney's Division
- B'nai Aviv Synagogue, Former President
LL.B., McGill University, 1976
B.C.L., McGill University, 1975
B.A., McGill University, 1972
- Canadian Federal Court
- Canadian Supreme Court
- Québec Courts of General Jurisdiction
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida