Trevor primarily defends national and regional financial institutions in bankruptcy and creditors’ rights issues, loan agreement enforcement, and commercial disputes. He has extensive experience counseling secured and unsecured creditors in consumer and commercial bankruptcy proceedings and helps lenders navigate the negotiation and drafting of commercial loan workouts, forbearances, amendments, extensions, and waivers involving real estate loans, vessel loans, agented and syndicated loans, as well as asset-based lending loan facilities.
Trevor also represents lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate transactions and other asset-based lending deals by negotiating and preparing loan documents and advising on issues involving property title, corporate authority and due diligence.
Before joining Hinshaw, Trevor practiced with a firm in Alexandria, Louisiana, where he represented regional banks, national auto lenders, and other creditors in consumer and commercial bankruptcy proceedings, and state/federal commercial disputes.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Greater New Orleans Martinet Legal Society
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Southern University Law Center
- Dean's List
- Defending a large utility company, negotiated voluntary dismissal of a Chapter 11 adversary action alleging the utility company received over $200,000 in prepetition preferential transfers of a debtor’s assets.
- Defending a global parts manufacturer, negotiated a favorable settlement and compromise of a dispute over a $700,000 debt challenged by a Chapter 11 debtor, resulting in full payment of the debt.
- Representing a lender as senior lienholder in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy, negotiated a favorable loan workout with additional collateral for the lender, and voluntary dismissal of the debtor’s Chapter 11 case.
- Represented a global auto lender in numerous consumer and commercial bankruptcy matters. Negotiated adequate protection agreements and loan workouts and secured termination of the automatic stay and foreclosure authorization in contested matters
- FTC to Increase Enforcement Against Illegal Dark Patterns Targeting Consumers with Subscription SchemesNovember 3, 2021Hinshaw Privacy & Cyber Bytes
- September 28, 2021Hinshaw Privacy & Cyber Bytes
- July 8, 2021Hinshaw Privacy & Cyber Bytes
- June 9, 2021Hinshaw Privacy & Cyber Bytes
- May 20, 2021Hinshaw Privacy & Cyber Bytes
Trevor enjoys attending music festivals, spending time with friends and family, and cooking Cajun and Tex Mex cuisine.
J.D., cum laude, Southern University Law Center, 2018
M.A., Sam Houston State University, 2013
B.B.A., Lamar University, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana