Michael Vranicar litigates cases in federal and state courts across the country. His practice has most recently focused on high exposure personal injury and property damage cases.
Prior to practicing law, Michael worked as an electrical engineer involved in design and production support.
Michael is a U.S. Marine Corps veteran who obtained the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, serving in both legal and infantry officer positions.
- Chicago Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Michael's trial work includes defense work regarding collisions resulting in multiple spinal disc issues and permanent disabilities, construction site injuries, and medical malpractice.
- Lead trial counsel in products liability case against a road bus manufacturer. The plaintiffs filed after a bus went off the road and rolled over killing 15 people and injuring 14 others. After settling most claims, the trial proceeded two weeks before the final plaintiff capitulated, and all cases were settled for well under policy limits.
- Trial counsel in California bad faith case brought following a construction defect claim which was successfully resolved for only the amounts of the defect claims and no bad faith was awarded.
- Lead team defending client’s emergency dispatch system following suit brought by six police officers who were killed or injured by a felon. Strong implementation of experts and defense strategy led to the dismissal of one case, and the remaining plaintiffs settled shortly before trial for a minimal amount.
- Led a team defending a woodworking manufacturer. A repairman was injured while trying to repair a sawdust collection silo, which resulted in a loss of both legs. Vigorous defense led to a successful settlement below limits and before trial.
J.D., The University of San Diego, 1987
B.S.E., Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office