Scott Seaman to Speak on How Insurers can Establish and Challenge Exhaustion of Insurance Policies
Hinshaw partner Scott Seaman—the co-chair of the firm's global Insurance Services Practice Group— is scheduled to co-present on "Establishing and Challenging Exhaustion of Insurance Policies: Recurring Issues, Factors to Consider, Below Limits Settlements " on July 11, 2023. The CLE webinar will review what constitutes exhaustion of an underlying policy, how policyholders can prove it, and how insurers can establish or challenge exhaustion.
The panel will assess these and other issues:
- What are some of the recent key decisions on exhaustion?
- How do underlying policy language and wording affect exhaustion?
- What types of experts are needed?
- How is exhaustion shown through loss runs, claims data, and various types of allocations?
- Is exhaustion ever possible with a below-limits settlement under the underlying policies?
For more information and to register, visit Strafford's website.