Jill Munson works with professionals facing liability claims. As a trial lawyer with more than 25 years of experience, she is experienced with all phases of litigation and the management of significant client relationships. Keeping the best interests of her clients in mind, Jill works with them to develop tailored strategies, litigation plans and budgets.
As part of her health care practice, she represents hospitals, physician groups and other medical entities. Her clients have also included orthopedic surgeons, obstetricians, nursing homes and day care facilities.
A portion of Jill's practice is also dedicated to the defense of legal malpractice actions. She has defended attorneys facing claims resulting from a variety of work including litigation, trusts and estates and eminent domains.
Jill also handles insurance coverage matters and defends clients in personal injury matters.
In addition to her trial work, Jill also conducts settlement negotiations and has mediated a number of cases.
Jill has argued motions in both state and federal courts, and has successfully briefed and orally argued appellate matters.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Jill was a shareholder at a litigation firm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Honors & Awards
- Client Choice Award, Litigation Category for Wisconsin, 2018
Jill has presented a number of seminars on various topics related to personal injury defense. Other recent presentations include:
- Co-Presenter, "EHR Charting Practices and Configuration – reducing physician burnout and medico-legal risk," Illinois Primary Health Care Association's (IPHCA) Annual Leadership Conference, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, October 17, 2019
- May 8, 2020Health Care Alert
- Guidance for Medical Practitioners on the Resumption of Elective Surgeries and Expansion of Non-Coronavirus Service OfferingsMay 8, 2020Health Care Alert
- December 17, 2013
- December 18, 2012
- April 4, 2011
- September 29, 2010
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 1992
B.S., with distinction, University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin