A Team of Hinshaw Attorneys Contribute to 2018 Edition of IICLE Attorneys' Legal Liability Handbook
A group of lawyers from Hinshaw's Lawyers for the Profession® practice group contributed six chapters to the latest edition of the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education's (IICLE) Attorneys' Legal Liability handbook. The handbook—of which Hinshaw's Tom McGarry was the General Editor—addresses the professional responsibilities of Illinois attorneys. It includes in-depth discussions of topics such as attorney liability, malpractice, and conflicts of interests, and also offers best-practice guidance.
A list of Hinshaw contributors follows.
- Terry McAvoy, Justin Penn and Kate Schnake: Chapter 4, "Attorney Liability to Adversaries and Other Third Parties"
- Tom McGarry: Chapter 6, "Litigating the Legal Malpractice Case"
- Matt Henderson: Chapter 7, "Breach of Fiduciary Duty"
- Dave Schultz: Chapter 12, "Statutes Affecting Lawyer Liability"
- Tom McGarry and Jennifer Weller: Chapter 15, "The Limitation of Liability Through Business Forms"
- Tom Sukowicz: Chapter 16, "Attorney Liability Risk Management"
The 2018 Edition of the Attorneys' Legal Liability handbook is available for purchase on the IICLE website.
- Sign up for Mailings
- Press Kit
- Hinshaw Safety Net®