Michael Dowell Presenting at Orange County Bar Association Health Care Law Section Meeting
September 11, 2014
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP health law partner Michael A. Dowell will present at the Orange County Bar Association Health Care Law Section Meeting. He will moderate the session titled "Mid-Level Practitioners: A Primer on the Legal Issues Affecting a Growing Segment of the Health Care Delivery Workforce," which will discuss:
- Who mid-level practitioners are: physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, etc.
- Why mid-level practitioners are a fast growing segment of the primary care workforce
- Mid-level practitioners scope of services and various health services provided
- How mid-level practitioners are paid: Medicare reimbursement, Medicaid reimbursement, and private payor/insurance
- The applicability of fraud and abuse, HIPAA and other regulatory laws to mid-level practitioners
- What steps medical groups and hospitals should take prior to employment or contracting with mid-level practitioner
For more information or to register for this program, please download Registration Flyer.