The risks of compromising confidential client and/or attorney-client privileged information through the use of technology are growing exponentially, while at the same time legal professionals become ever more dependent on that same technology. Generally, the risks present themselves three ways: external sources (hackers); limitations and vulnerabilities of electronic devices; and the way that lawyers actually store and transmit data.
The Lawyers for the Profession® group at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP has developed Cyber Alerts to help busy law firm general counsel and information technology departments provide fast and easy access to updates about important (often critical) developments relating to technology-based risks to all lawyers and their firms.
Our Cyber Alerts are easy to read and understand and address three components:
- The nature of the new risks faced by law firms and their clients
- A clear description of the new problem
- A risk management solution (or at least a suggestion as to precautions that may be appropriate to address the new threat).
Cyber Alerts are designed so that they can easily be circulated around the law firm whenever the firm's general counsel thinks a particular alert is relevant to his or her firm's operation.
- November 8, 2019
- October 21, 2019
- As Severity of Legal Malpractice Claims Rise, LawyeringLaw.com Provides Risk Management Tools and Services for Lawyers and Law FirmsJune 18, 2019Leading Professional Liability Defense Firm Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP Creates Next Generation Lawyeringlaw.com Service to Meet Increased Challenges of Today’s Legal Practice
- Steve Puiszis Authors Comprehensive Overview of EU's GDPR Privacy Law in Journal of the Professional LawyerJanuary 24, 2019
- December 13, 2018
- Steve Puiszis Cited in ABA Formal Opinion 483 on the Ethical Responsibility of Lawyers Following a CyberattackNovember 12, 2018
- February 3, 2022
- November 3, 2021
- January 15, 2021
- April 8, 2020
- March 18, 2020
- January 6, 2020