Whitney Uicker is an experienced trial attorney who defends mortgage lenders, servicers, collectors, and investors against complex legal claims brought under numerous consumer lending laws, including:
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA),
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA),
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA),
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA),
- Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA), and
- Data Protection Act (DPA).
Whitney’s clients rely on her strategic litigation skills to raise the likelihood of a successful outcome on their cases.
Whitney has extensive experience in the courtroom and is well-versed in all phases of litigation. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Whitney was an Assistant District Attorney with the Middlesex District Attorney's Office. During her tenure, she was the first chair of eight jury trials, received a favorable verdict in six of them, and handled numerous motions and bench trials.
While she was a law student, Whitney also gained invaluable insights and experience through a number of internships and externships ranging from corporate transactional law to cases involving sexual assault allegations.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- New England School of Law
- Intellectual Property Law Certification
- Dean's List
Whitney lives in Massachusetts with her rescue cat named Karma. Whitney enjoys rock climbing, traveling, painting, and being outdoors in her free time.
J.D., New England School of Law, 2020
B.S., Criminal Justice, University of Central Florida
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida