Tad Juilfs defends businesses and corporate clients and their insurers in litigation involving personal injury, product liability, and property damage, as well as machinery and premises liability. This includes handling disputes in the field of environmental, toxic torts, and asbestos litigation.
Tad has extensive litigation experience. He partners with his clients from a case's inception to its resolution to ensure they are informed. Though he works primarily as a litigator, Tad finds it equally rewarding to help clients stay out of court.
Before joining Hinshaw, Tad furthered his civil litigation experience working with a firm in Clayton, Missouri. While there, he handled product liability, workers' compensation, mass tort, and premises liability matters. His background further includes working with large multi-national clients in product liability and toxic tort disputes.
In connection with the Missouri Coalition for the Right to Counsel (MCRC) Tad also provided pro bono legal counsel for a felony criminal defendant. He was also a judicial extern for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- "Permanent Injunction Granted That Prohibits Enforcement of Proposition 65's Warning Requirement for Glyphosate," International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Committee Newsletter, August 2020
Tad is an avid gardener, motorcycle rider, and trivia aficionado. He enjoys being an active member of his local community and assisting family members with various legal challenges when they arise.
- Maryville Illinois Fire Pension Fund, Trustee
- Missouri Coalition for the Right to Counsel, Volunteer
- Phi Gamma Delta, Board of Chapter Advisors
J.D., magna cum laude, Northern Illinois University College of Law, 2016
B.A., University of Missouri, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri