Laurence Chirch concentrates his practice on commercial, appellate, and consumer finance litigation in state and federal courts in New York, New Jersey, and other jurisdictions. He has a long track record representing mortgage servicers, banks, and other financial institutions in commercial, consumer, real estate, and title disputes. His experience includes several bench and jury trials and briefing and arguing numerous appeals. In litigating matters, Larry pays close attention to clients’ business needs and strives to resolve disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible, including the use of alternative dispute resolution.
After graduating from law school, Larry was a law clerk for the Honorable Peter A. Buchsbaum in the Superior Court of New Jersey, where he also served as a certified mediator for various types of civil lawsuits.
In addition to his experience in consumer financial services litigation, Larry has extensive experience representing and counseling insurers in complex coverage and contractual disputes and litigating construction and product liability matters. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Larry was a partner with a national law firm focused on representing financial institutions and other businesses.
- Halpern-Furman American Inn of Court – Barrister
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Somerset County Business Partnership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine, 2018
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
In his spare time, Larry volunteers as a coach for various local youth sports organizations, and he also enjoys travel, the outdoors, and music.
- Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network – Somerset County, NJ Committee
J.D., American University Washington College of Law
M.A., American University, School of International Affairs
B.A., Cornell University
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U. S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York