Kevin Manganaro represents clients in litigation, focusing on consumer financial services issues. He also advises clients on labor and employment matters, including those concerning the recently enacted Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave Law. Kevin works with his clients to ensure they are informed throughout the litigation process and provide them with simple, tailored solutions for their complex legal problems.
A former Assistant Attorney General for the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office, Kevin has extensive experience in the area of public transparency. He has also represented agencies and the Commonwealth at administrative hearings and in state and federal court.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Kevin was an Assistant Attorney General with the Government Bureau of the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office. While there, he interpreted and enforced public transparency laws—FOIA, Open Meeting Law and Public Records Law—and conducted investigations and depositions of public officials. He was also a judicial law clerk for the Honorable R. Marc Kantrowitz (ret.), Massachusetts Appeals Court.
During law school, Kevin gained experience from several internships and clerkships in both New York and Boston, including working as a legal intern for the Litigation Bureau of the New York State Attorney General's Office.
Before embarking on his legal career, Kevin worked in sales and marketing for Theatre Direct, Intl./Broadway.com.
- Boston Bar Association
- GLAD Forward
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- Panelist, "Open Government Update," MCLE New England Municipal Law Conference, Boston, Massachusetts, March 16, 2016
- Panelist, "Municipal and Open Meeting Law Update," Massachusetts Municipal Association, Boston, Massachusetts, January 25, 2015
- In a Win for Mortgage Servicers, Massachusetts Supreme Court Finds Mandatory Notice of Right to Cure in Notice of Default is Not Potentially Deceptive Kevin W. Manganaro, Samuel C. Bodurtha
- Senate Narrowly Confirms Kathy Kraninger as New CFPB Head Vaishali S. Rao, Kevin W. Manganaro
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
A native New Yorker, Kevin resides in Medford, Massachusetts with his domestic partner and their wonderful rescue cat.