Connie Mayer represents traditional and non-traditional lenders in structuring complex financing arrangements and concentrates her corporate practice on mergers, acquisitions, and general corporate matters. As trusted counsel, she helps clients navigate a variety of business, lending, and commercial transactions.
Connie represents commercial lending institutions and entities of all sizes, forming connections with each client to learn how to serve their individual needs. Armed with diverse experience and knowledge, whether it is a merger, acquisition, corporate governance issue, lending question, or matter related to Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP), Connie is equipped to assist.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine, 2021 – 2023
- Represented lead and participating lenders in syndicated loan transactions up to $350,000,000.
- Represented architect and engineering firms in acquisition and sale transactions.
- Represented ESOP companies in both acquisitions and sales.
- Represented ESOP trustees.
- Represented participating lenders in syndicated loan transactions.
- Represented for-profit and not-for-profit entities in general corporate transactions and matters.
- Represented multiple lead lenders in syndicated ESOP loan transactions. Represented a $130,000,000 tech company in a sale.
- Represented an international bank on asset-based loans in the nursing home and assisted living sector.
- Represented a borrower entity in an $80,000,000 non-traditional lending transaction.
- Represented a chemical company in a sale to a major publicly-traded competitor.
- Co-Presenter, "ESOP Jeopardy!," ESOP Association Midwest Regional Conference, Bloomington, Minnesota, September 22, 2023
- Co-Presenter, "Commercial – Tips to Avoid UCC Traps," 2023 Auto Finance Seminar: Driving Ahead: Auto Finance Insights from Industry Leaders, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Chicago, Illinois, May 4, 2023
- "Drafting Indemnity Clauses: Allocation of Future Risk in Commercial Contracts," Drafting Effective Contracts, a Wisconsin State Bar Association seminar, Madison, Wisconsin, January 14, 2022
- "Drafting and Negotiating Purchase Price Terms, Including Working Capital Provisions," Complex Commercial Contracts: The Legal Principles You Need to Know for Effective Drafting presented by the State Bar of Wisconsin, Virtual Event, February 24, 2021
- "Recent Developments in Drafting: Material Adverse Effect Terminations and Cybersecurity Considerations," Drafting More Effective Contracts 2020 a State Bar of Wisconsin seminar, Madison, Wisconsin, January 24, 2020
- Co-Author, Chapter 1, "Organizing and Advising a Small Business," Elements of Illinois Law 2023 Edition, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, September 2023
- Co-Author, Chapter 1, "Selection of the Business Entity," Business Law: Choice of Entity 2020 Edition, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, May 2020
- Todd Young and Connie Mayer Co-Author a Chapter in "Elements of Illinois Law" 2023 Edition of the IICLE HandbookSeptember 20, 2023
- January 3, 2022
- May 24, 2021
- Hinshaw Attorneys Contribute Chapters to 2020 Edition of IICLE "Guide to Helping Business Clients Choose an Entity"May 20, 2020
- March 6, 2018
- August 27, 2015
Connie enjoys volunteering with and providing pro bono legal services for Greyhounds Only, a greyhound adoption group in Illinois.
J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2013
B.A., cum laude, Illinois Wesleyan University, 2010