Connie Mayer helps lenders and borrowers with their commercial transactions. Her clients include domestic and foreign corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, and banks and other commercial lending institutions. Connie advises her clients on a variety of corporate matters ranging from commercial real estate and joint ventures to corporate organization and filing, and securities.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Connie was an associate at a corporate firm in Chicago. During law school, she clerked for two Chicago law firms.
In addition to her academic achievements during law school, Connie was involved in a number of activities and associations, including serving as the Managing Editor for the Global Studies Law Review.
Honors & Awards
- Washington University School of Law
- CALI Award for "Advanced Executive Compensation"
- Dean's List
- The Honorable Samuel C. Maragos and Family Scholarship
- Scholar in Law Scholarship
- Represented multiple lead lenders in syndicated ESOP loan transactions
- Represented a $130,000,000 tech company in a sale
- Represented an international bank on asset-based loans in the nursing home and assisted living sector
- Represented national and international bank lenders in loan transactions up to $100,000,000
- Represented a borrower entity in an $80,000,000 non-traditional lending transaction
- Represented a chemical company in a sale to a major publicly-traded competitor
- Represented a Chicago real estate developer in the sale of a 21-property portfolio including properties in Illinois and Wisconsin
- "Recent Developments in Drafting: Material Adverse Effect Terminations and Cybersecurity Considerations," Drafting More Effective Contracts 2020 a State Bar of Wisconsin seminar, Madison, Wisconsin, January 24, 2020