Cheryl Mondi provides clients with simple, strategic solutions for their complex legal problems. Her diverse litigation experience—which spans nearly two decades—includes handling insurance coverage and commercial disputes nationwide.
The majority of Cheryl's practice focuses on first party insurance coverage matters. In addition to representing clients in complex litigation matters, she provides coverage opinions on various issues arising out of losses.
Cheryl also advises clients concerning third party liability policies. Her background further includes litigating issues involving builder's risk, fraud and misrepresentation, business interruption and extra expense losses, and bad faith and extra-contractual damages.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Cheryl practiced at the Chicago-based firm of Kanaris, Stubenvoll & Heiss, where she was a shareholder.
Honors & Awards
- Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology
- CALI Award for "Personal Income Tax"
- Dean's List
- Panelist, "COVID-19 Claims," Hinshaw's Webinar Series: Insurance Insights – What Insurers Need to Know in 2021, Virtual Event, April 22, 2021
J.D., with honors, Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology, 2000
B.A., DePauw University, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin