Kieffer Petree represents transportation, oil and gas, construction, petrochemical, maritime, and insurance clients in high-stakes casualty matters and general litigation. She concentrates her practice on casualty litigation, personal injury, wrongful death, and indemnity arising from trucking accidents, industrial accidents, and explosions. Kieffer also represents and counsels insurers in complex coverage litigation and bad faith disputes involving construction defects, personal injury, and property damage claims. Kieffer negotiates favorable outcomes for clients when possible and takes matters to court when necessary. She communicates with her clients at every phase to ensure an effective case strategy.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Kieffer practiced at a national New Orleans-based firm.
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- Inter School Moot Court Competition, Winner Best Brief
- Pepperdine Entertainment Law Moot Court Team
- Order of the Coif
Kieffer in ten seconds:
Married to college sweetheart; mother of two kids; avid LSU sports fan; actively involved in children’s school and Church; volunteer coach for girls’ basketball and volleyball; enjoys reading and is a member of “No Shelf Control,” a book club known for insane parties; looks forward to snow skiing in the winter and beach trips in the summer; also appreciates shoe shopping and nice wine!
- St. Aloysius Catholic Church, Member and Volunteer
- St. Aloysius Parish Fair Committee, Member, 2016–2020
- St. Aloysius Catholic School, Volunteer Basketball and Volleyball Coach
- Woodgate Homeowners’ Association Board, Secretary, 2016 – 2021
- Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank, Board Member
J.D., cum laude, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2007
B.A., cum laude, History, Louisiana State University, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana