Ben Raindorf has represented the country’s largest financial services providers in some of the most significant complex commercial litigation cases of the past decade. Clients seek out Ben for his keen understanding of the litigation and regulatory issues driving their business goals.
In addition to a robust trial court and appellate practice, Ben defends clients in disputes with state and federal regulators across the country. His experience also includes representing companies and their officers in predatory lending claims, misappropriation, stay violations, and advance receivable litigation.
As a lawyer and business advisor, Ben provides clients with thoughtful, creative, and practical solutions to address their most pressing concerns in emerging regulatory issues, business disputes, loan sales, and investigations.
Before joining Hinshaw, Ben was a partner and member of the Executive Committee at a national law firm. Prior to that, Ben practiced law at a firm where he represented high-profile clients in federal and state litigation.
Honors & Awards
Selected among Mentor Honorees in the New Jersey Law Journal Professional Excellence Legal Awards, 2022
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by New York Metro Super Lawyers magazine, 2022 – 2023
Recognized on the Rising Stars list by New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine, 2017 – 2021
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
United States Bank Nat'l Ass'n v. Francis, 197 A.D.3d 525 (App. Div. 2nd Dept. 2021)
United States Bank N.A. v. Lent, 193 A.D.3d 1098 (App. Div. 2nd Dept. 2021)
Deutsche Bank Nat'l Tr. Co. v. Ahmed, 174 A.D.3d 855 (App. Div. 2nd Dept. 2019)
Deutsche Bank Nat'l Tr. Co. v. Rudman, 170 A.D.3d 950 (App. Div. 2nd Dept. 2019)
U.S. Bank Nat'l Ass'n v. Roque, 172 A.D.3d 948 (App. Div. 2nd Dept. 2019)
U.S. Bank Nat'l Ass'n v. Spence, 175 A.D.3d 1346882 (App. Div. 2nd Dept. 2019)
JP Morgan Chase Bank v. Faracco, 167 A.D.3d 586 (App. Div. 2nd Dept. 2018)
Deutsche Bank Nat'l Tr. Co. v. Hahn, No. A-5346-17T1, 2019 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1986 (Super. Ct. App. Div. Sep. 27, 2019)
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Yaccarino, No. A-4580-17T3, 2019 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1296 (Super. Ct. App. Div. June 6, 2019)
Wells Fargo Bank, NA v. Howard, No. A-5253-16T3, 2019 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 454 (Super. Ct. App. Div. Feb. 28, 2019)
United States Bank Nat'l Ass'n v. Provencher, No. A-3747-16T3, 2018 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1753 (Super. Ct. App. Div. July 23, 2018)
Petraglia v. U.S. Bank, N.A., No. 17-6325, 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 4142 (D.N.J. Jan. 9, 2018)
Sanchez v. Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc., Civil Action No. 17-4091 (JLL), 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 173751 (D.N.J. Oct. 18, 2017)
HSBC Bank USA, Nat'l Ass'n v. Mann, No. A-0757-14T1, 2015 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 2450 (Super. Ct. App. Div. Oct. 27, 2015)
- Co-Author, "New York Court of Appeals Resolves Divisions in the Acceleration and De-acceleration of Mortgage Loan Debt," New York Law Journal, March 2, 2021
- Featured in Law360: April Villaverde and Ben Raindorf Team Up as Co-Partners-in-Charge of the Metropark OfficeOctober 19, 2023
- August 8, 2023
- Hinshaw Partner Ben Raindorf Selected Among Mentor Honorees in 2022 New Jersey Law Journal Legal AwardsSeptember 29, 2022
- August 26, 2021Four partners, one counsel, and three associates join firm in NJ and Boston
J.D., Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, 2011
B.A., Binghamton University, 2007
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania