Ben defends the interests of clients in litigation. A respected thought leader in the area of financial services, Ben handles a wide range of complex commercial disputes, but is most frequently called upon in escalated commercial and residential mortgage-related litigation. He also provides regulatory advice to industry leaders regarding financial services legislation.
Leveraging his extensive knowledge and experience, Ben has defended adverse claims against banks and mortgage loan servicers, including claims related to the:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act;
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act;
- Truth in Lending Act;
- Regulation X; and
- the New York State Human Rights Law.
Acting not only as a lawyer but also as a business advisor, Ben provides clients with thoughtful, creative, and practical solutions to address their most pressing concerns in emerging regulatory issues, disputes, loan sales, and investigations. Clients seek out Ben for his keen understanding that their litigation and regulatory needs are an extension of their business needs and goals.
Before joining Hinshaw, Ben furthered his experience with firms throughout New Jersey and New York. Most recently, he was a partner at a national law firm representing clients in financial services litigation. Ben also worked at a firm in Parsippany, New Jersey, where he represented clients in federal and state court, as well as appellate matters.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine, 2017 – 2021
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- August 26, 2021Four partners, one counsel, and three associates join firm in NJ and Boston
J.D., Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, 2011
B.A., Binghamton University, 2007
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York