Hinshaw Named to PILI 2023 Pro Bono Recognition Roster
The law firm of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is pleased to announce that the firm has been named to the Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) 2023 Pro Bono Recognition Roster. The firm was among 44 law firms and corporations honored at PILI's Annual Pro Bono Reception, which took place on June 21, 2023.
The PILI Pro Bono Recognition Roster honors law firms and corporations that have made significant commitments and contributions to pro bono throughout the state of Illinois. These firms and corporations help ensure that individuals, families, and communities in need receive legal services.
Honorees must meet at least two of the following criteria based on pro bono services rendered by their Illinois offices in 2022, or the most recently closed fiscal year:
- An average of 35 pro bono hours per legal professional in Illinois per year.
- A five percent increase in Illinois office(s) pro bono hours from the previous year.
- 60 percent or more of the firm’s Illinois attorneys participate in pro bono work.
- Participation in the Chicago Bar Foundation’s Law Firm Leadership Circle, or signing one of PILI’s Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Pro Bono Pledges.
- Adoption of innovative steps to involve more Illinois office(s) legal department staff in pro bono work or to expand the law firm’s pro bono program.
Hinshaw's Pro Bono program is managed by Professional Development Partner Joshua Vincent and Attorney Development & CLE Specialist John Wynne. Under Wynne's supervision, the firm recently launched a monthly Pro Bono Newsletter to help showcase the firm's commitment to pro bono work, raise awareness about critical social justice issues, and recognize exceptional contributions of firm attorneys and legal service partners.