Hinshaw's Insurance Practice and Individual Lawyers Ranked by Chambers USA
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is pleased to announce that the firm's Insurance Practice and six individual lawyers have been ranked in the 2015 issue of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Chambers USA). The annual publication, published by Chambers and Partners, highlights leading law firms and lawyers representing clients in the United States and internationally. Chambers and Partners’ researchers interview thousands of lawyers and their clients around the world, providing the basis for the listings.
In ranking Hinshaw in the Insurance: Dispute Resolution (Illinois) category, Chambers USA points out that the firm "[f]ocuses on litigation matters including insurance coverage, bad faith, class actions and insurer business practices" and [a]cts exclusively on behalf of the insurance industry and counts some of the market's most prominent insurance companies among its clients." Clients quoted say that Hinshaw has "an incredible facility to process information and handle that in a litigation context" and that the team is "very resolution-oriented."
In ranking Hinshaw in the Insurance: Insurer (California) category, Chambers USA notes that the firm "[o]ffers clients a fine insurance practice that focuses on regulatory issues [and] [s]erves as regulatory adviser and possesses the ability to litigate coverage cases for insurers." The publication quotes clients as saying that Hinshaw is "[a] fine firm with good, well-rounded practitioners" and that team members are "[l]eaders in the California regulatory space."
Individual Hinshaw attorneys ranked in Chambers USA include: (1) Chicago-based partners James H. Kallianis Jr., Michael M. Marick and Scott M. Seaman, all ranked in the Insurance: Dispute Resolution (Illinois) category; (2) Los Angeles-based partners Kent R. Keller and Royal F. Oakes, who are ranked in the Insurance: Insurer (California) category; and (3) Miami-based partner Neil S. Rollnick, who is ranked in the Florida, Real Estate category.
This year's issue of Chambers USA notes the following:
- "James Kallianis has a broad commercial practice that encompasses significant insurance work. A source describes him as 'a very good litigator who is well regarded and who I see more and more of in the professional liability world.'"
- "Michael Marick is known to be a 'very detail-oriented lawyer who clients look to on tough cases.' He has been involved in sophisticated matters on behalf of major industry clients."
- "'Superior trial lawyer' Scott Seaman is experienced in all forms of insurance dispute. According to clients, 'he is a straight shooter who is experienced and knows the issues. We like the results that he gets us.'"
- "Kent Keller is an experienced and well-regarded insurance counsel whose 'leadership is very impressive,' according to interviewees. He is a respected litigator with a practice that covers life, property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, among other areas of expertise."
- "Royal Oakes has a fine commercial litigation practice that includes a large amount of work for insurers. Peers praise him as 'a very good speaker and a knowledgeable lawyer.'"
- "Neil Rollnick practices at Hinshaw's Miami office. His practice is dedicated to the full range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales and commercial leases."