Sarah Anderson represents insurance carriers in complex insurance coverage matters, focusing on claims arising under general liability, excess and umbrella liability, employer's liability, D&O, and other commercial insurance policies.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Sarah served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Allen P. Walker in the Chancery Division in the Circuit Court of Cook County. Sarah also previously served as a law clerk at the Chicago office of a national firm, where she worked on insurance defense and insurance coverage matters, including high-exposure claims relating to cybersecurity and the Biometric Information Privacy Act.
While a law student, Sarah was involved in the Moot Court Honor Society at Chicago-Kent College of Law and participated in teams that argued in the American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition in March of 2019, and the New York City Bar 70th Annual National Moot Court Competition in November of 2019.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology
- Dean's List
- CALI Award in Seventh Circuit Review
- CALI Award in Copyrights
- Co-Author, "The United States: Insurers Are Prevailing In Coverage Cases, But COVID-19 Still Is Contributing To Social Inflation," Mealey's Emerging Insurance Disputes, Vol. 27, No. 12 (June 16, 2022)
- "When Insurance Companies Meet Their Match: The Seventh Circuit Resolves Ambiguous Replacement-Cost Policy Language," Chicago-Kent Seventh Circuit Review, 2019
- Hinshaw Attorneys Jurman, Anderson, and Lewis Author Byline on Insurance Implications for Leased Aircraft Currently Seized by RussiaSeptember 8, 2022
- June 23, 2022
- February 3, 2022
- Commentary in Mealey's Data Privacy Law Report — Key U.S. Insurance Decisions, Trends, & Developments: In These Times Of ESG, Social Inflation, COVID-19, Cyber/Privacy, Civil Unrest, Opioids & Other PerilsDecember 17, 2021
- [WHITE PAPER] West Virginia v. EPA: Insurers Should Consider How Big of a Bite the U.S. Supreme Court Took Out of the "E" in ESGJuly 7, 2022Insights for Insurers
- New York Appellate Court Rules Insurer Accepting Service and Assigning Counsel to Defend Defunct Insured Retains Coverage Defenses and is Only Liable for Settlements on a Pro Rata BasisMarch 24, 2022Insights for Insurers
- COVID-19 Coverage Litigation: Insurers Maintain Unbeaten Record in All Appellate Court Decisions to DateMarch 24, 2022Insights for Insurers
- March 16, 2022Insights for Insurers
- March 15, 2022Insights for Insurers
- March 10, 2022Insights for Insurers
- March 3, 2022Insights for Insurers
- Split Panel of the Seventh Circuit Rules Largely in Favor of Policyholder on Defense Issues for Nassar USAG Sexual Assault Claims Under D&O PolicyMarch 1, 2022Insights for Insurers
- March 1, 2022Insights for Insurers
- February 15, 2022Insights for Insurers
- February 11, 2022Insights for Insurers
- February 3, 2022Insights for Insurers
Sarah is an avid coffee drinker who enjoys discovering new coffee shops in Chicago. Sarah also loves practicing her photography skills and agility training with her mini Australian Shepherd, Bella.
J.D., cum laude, Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology, 2020
B.A., Communications, Moody Bible Institute, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois