Morgan Metzger counsels clients on commercial transactions, focusing on matters involving real estate, asset sales, and loans. She drafts and negotiates various transaction documents, including but not limited to real estate purchase and sale agreements, asset purchase agreements, and loan sale agreements. She also assists clients with entity formations and the preparation of corporate documents. Morgan's experience further includes working on leasing matters for both lenders and developers and conducting research on a broad range of condominium issues.
Before joining Hinshaw, Morgan gained invaluable experience in other areas of law, both as a law student and as a young associate. As a part of the Elon University School of Law's residency program, Morgan completed a clerkship with United States Chief Judge Martin Reidinger, Article III Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. While a student at Elon, Morgan also participated in the Trial Advocacy Board, was an executive editor of the Elon Business Law Journal, and was active in the Women's Law Association.
Upon graduating from law school, Morgan practiced with a boutique firm in Palm Beach, Florida, specializing in probate and guardianship litigation. Making a career pivot, Morgan obtained her LL.M. in Real Property Development at the University of Miami School of Law, obtaining several awards along the way.
Honors & Awards
- Elon University School of Law
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Award
- Dean's Fellow
- Dean's List
- Strongest Comprehensive Performance in "Legal Method & Communication I"
- University of Miami School of Law
- RPD LL.M. Director's Award in "Commercial Real Estate Leasing"
- RPD LL.M. Director's Award in "Land Securities & Finance"
- RPD LL.M. Director's Award in "Mortgage Law"
- RPD LL.M. Director's Award in "Real Estate Documents Workshop"
Coming from a large family, Morgan always enjoys meeting new people. Morgan played basketball in high school and rowed Varsity crew in college. Athletics remain an important part of Morgan's life (although she is doing more yoga these days than anything else!). In addition to staying active, Morgan enjoys baking, painting with acrylics, and drawing with chalk pastels.
- Junior Achievement of Central Florida, Teacher