Morgan Metzger counsels clients on a variety of business and commercial transactions, focusing on matters involving real estate. She assists with the drafting and negotiating of documents and performs due diligence, helping to ensure that everything goes smoothly for clients from start to finish Morgan's experience further includes working on lease amendments and conducting research on condominium and entitlement issues.
Before joining Hinshaw, Morgan practiced with a firm in Palm Beach, Florida. While there, she assisted clients on estate administration and planning, probate litigation, and guardianships. Morgan also gained invaluable experience during her clerkship with The Honorable Martin Reidinger, Chief Judge for Article III, U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
In addition to her academic accomplishments during law school, Morgan was involved in a number of activities and organizations. She participated in the Trial Advocacy Board, was an executive editor of the Elon Business Law Journal, and was active in the Women's Law Association.
Honors & Awards
- Elon University School of Law
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Award
- Dean's Fellow
- Dean's List
- Strongest Comprehensive Performance in "Legal Method & Communication I"
- University of Miami School of Law
- RPD LL.M. Director's Award in "Commercial Real Estate Leasing"
- RPD LL.M. Director's Award in "Land Securities & Finance"
- RPD LL.M. Director's Award in "Mortgage Law"
- RPD LL.M. Director's Award in "Real Estate Documents Workshop"
For Morgan, family is everything. The daughter of two lawyers, she is also a proud and doting aunt to her niece. In addition to staying active through yoga and rowing, Morgan enjoys baking, painting with acrylics, and drawing with chalk pastels.
- Junior Achievement of Central Florida, Teacher