For more than 30 years, Larry Gosewisch has represented the interests of professionals in a variety of industries, serving as lead counsel in bench and jury trials in state and federal courts and before many appellate courts. He concentrates his practice on civil litigation, advising clients on strategies to mitigate the risks of litigation and vigorously defending their interests when litigation becomes inevitable. Larry is called upon to defend architects, engineers, surveyors, and other construction and design professionals against professional negligence claims.
Larry also defends complex and nuanced claims connected to the real estate market and counsels various real estate professionals, including brokers, realtors, agents, property managers, and appraisers. In every defense, Larry maintains a steadfast resolve to provide efficient and robust legal defenses that recognize the individuality of every client and complement the client's business strategy.
Larry also devotes a portion of his practice to representing members of voluntary boards and associations, condominium boards, and boards of charitable foundations. Since 2013, Larry has been an active member of the Illinois Supreme Court’s mentor program through DePaul University and the Chicago Bar Association.
- American Bar Association
- Section of Litigation and Construction
- Chicago Bar Association
- Co-Author, Chapter 13, "Sources of Evidence (Discovery)," IICLE's Construction Law Disputes 2022 Edition (Prior Edition 2013)
- April 3, 2023
- March 9, 2023The move will add 23 attorneys to Hinshaw's Chicago office
Larry is enjoying his recent promotion to Grandpa. Outside the office, you can find him spending time with his family, including his wife, kids, granddaughter, and his loyal labrador retriever.
Certificate of Mediation, DePaul University College of Law, 1999
J.D., with honors, DePaul University College of Law, 1983
B.A., with high honors, Business Administration, Lewis University, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh, and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois, including Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin