Ian King II provides professional liability, malpractice, and risk management counsel to lawyers, medical professionals, directors, and officers. With his previous experience representing plaintiffs in New York, Ian brings valuable insights to his clients' cases, taking pre-suit evaluations to settlement or bringing a case to trial.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Ian practiced law at a maritime and admiralty defense litigation firm.
- Alameda County Bar Association
- California State Bar
- Charles Houston Bar Association
- New York State Bar
Honors & Awards
- St. John's University School of Law
- New York Real Property Law Journal, Associate Managing Editor, 2017
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions Competition, Finalist, 2016
- Co-Author, "Zombies No More: New York Abandoned Properties Find a Home with New Legislation,” New York State Bar Association, N.Y. Real Property Law Journal, Winter 2017, Vol. 45, No. 1
Ian has worked in the maritime industry as a First Mate and PADI-certified rescue diver aboard several yachts throughout the Caribbean and the Northern East Coast of the United States, sailing from Anguilla to St. Lucia.
He has also competed in the 2023 USRowing Southwest Masters Regional Championships, winning a gold medal and two silver medals.