Frank Palanda counsels clients in matters involving commercial litigation, first and third-party insurance coverage, and title insurance. He works with corporations from a variety of industries on cases involving breach of contract and business torts, including fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, securities violations, civil conspiracy, and civil theft actions.
An experienced trial lawyer, Frank represents some of the world's largest real estate developers in litigation. He has litigated bad faith and coverage actions and has broad experience advising and representing insurers on first-party and third-party coverage matters and issues arising under general liability, automobile liability, and property insurance.
Prior to entering private practice, Frank served as an assistant state attorney with the Miami-Dade State Attorney's office, where he prosecuted misdemeanor and felony offenses, conducted jury and bench trials, and managed all aspects of case preparation and jury selection.
- Certified Criminal Conflict Counsel, Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida
- The Florida Bar
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2009, 2011
- Ramirez v. Scottsdale Ins. Co., 548 F. Supp. 3d 1318 (S.D. Fla. 2021): Summary judgment obtained based upon the application of the water damage sublimit of policy.
- Ramirez v. Scottsdale Ins. Co., No. 20-cv-22324, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 209716 (S.D. Fla. Oct. 29, 2021): Summary judgment obtained based upon insured's failure to comply with prompt notice requirements of the policy.
J.D., University of Maine School of Law, 2004
B.S., James Madison University, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida