Sherry Harlan devotes a substantial amount of her practice to representing small and medium-sized business in their general corporate, real estate and financing matters. She focuses her counsel on matters involving contracts, annexation, leasing and zoning.
Ms. Harlan is experienced in the area of real estate acquisition and development.
Ms. Harlan actively represents many not for profit entities in the Rockford Region focusing on governance, expansion and development, including annexation, zoning, construction contracts and general matters.
Ms. Harlan joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 1987. She is an appointed lawyer-to-lawyer trained mentor for the 17th Judicial Circuit and an Arbitrator for the 17th Judicial Circuit Mandatory Arbitration Program.
- Winnebago County Bar Association
- Bar Foundation, Past President and Board Member
- Real Estate Section, Member and Member at Large
- Women's Attorney Network for Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Rockford Coordinator
- Rockford Chamber of Commerce, Selected Member for Lead 360
Honors & Awards
- Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for legal ability and ethics
- Leading Lawyers, 2017 – Present
"75 People You Should Know" Rockford Register Star, 2018
- Rockford Public Library Foundation, Former Board Member and Vice-President
- Klehm Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, Board Member
- Chairman of Governance Committee
- Rockford Garden Club, Member and Communications Board Member
- Began 815 Choose Civility Initiative
- Transform Rockford