Sherry Harlan devotes a substantial amount of her practice to representing small and medium-sized business in their general corporate, real estate and financing matters. She focuses her counsel on matters involving contracts, annexation, leasing and zoning.
In addition, Ms. Harlan is experienced in the area of real estate acquisition and development.
Ms. Harlan joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 1987. She is an appointed lawyer-to-lawyer trained mentor for the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit.
- Winnebago County Bar Association
- Bar Foundation
- Ex officio President (1987–Present)
- Former Board Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Rockford Public Library Foundation
- Board Member
- Vice President (2009–Present)
Honors & Awards
- Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for legal ability and ethics
- Rockford Public Library Foundation, Member of the Board of Directors
- October 2010 fundraising event, featuring Chicago celebrity chef, Rick Bayless, Co-chair
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra Allegra League, Member
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 1987
B.A., Illinois Wesleyan University, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin