Hinshaw Chief Knowledge Officer Vishal Agnihotri Discusses KM Theory and Practice on Technically Legal Podcast
November 29, 2018
Hinshaw's Chief Knowledge Officer Vishal Agnihotri was the featured guest on a recent episode of Chad Main's Technically Legal podcast. Chad is an attorney and the founder of Percipient, a tech-enabled alternative legal services provider. The Technically Legal podcast was recently named one of the legal industry's most "entertaining and informative" legal podcasts by the ABA Journal in its 2018 Web 100 list.
In the podcast, Vishal provides her definition of Knowledge Management (KM), along with the benefits of a KM program.
Here are some excerpts of Vishal's remarks from the podcast:
- "Knowledge Management is the ability to identify the critical knowledge in an organization and then leverage that information to serve it up at the right time for the right purpose."
- "KM is about raising the corporate IQ and the ability to build on each other's ideas. [As lawyers] what we sell is what's between our ears."
- "Today, we create, curate and share digital knowledge in many more forms than ever before. So firms need a helping hand with managing that in the service of their clients."
- "KM is a lot about change management, being a futurist.… We don't live in the same world of 20 years ago: client expectations have moved, marketplace dynamics have changed so we really want to focus on what the marketplace is like today, what works and what doesn't work."
- KM is ultimately about "boosting productivity and improving client service."
>>>>Listen to the podcast (audio only)