Robert Finley to Present at Fifth Annual RISE Medicare Secondary Payer Master Class
Hinshaw partner Robert Finley will provide a series of presentations at the 5th Annual RISE Medicare Secondary Payer Master Class, to be held February 3 – 4, 2020 in Jacksonville, Florida. The comprehensive two-day event is designed for mid to senior level management professionals who are responsible for Medicare Secondary Payer compliance in risk management, finance, enforcement, and legal roles.
A summary of Finley's presentations follows below.
Mandatory Reporting: Efficient Reporting of Total Payment Obligation to Claimant (TPOC) in Liability, No Fault, and Workers Compensation
In his first presentation on February 3, Finley will:
- Define TPOC to ensure a thorough understanding
- Pin-point when TPOC is reportable to CMS
- Provide best practices and recommendations for creating an internal program to report TPOC
- Consider the consequences of not reporting TPOC
- Review processes triggered at CMS when TPOC is reported
Conditional Payments: Best Practices for Resolving Conditional Payments Post-Settlement with the Benefits Coordination and Recovery Center (BCRC)
On February 4, Finley will co-present a program on conditional payments, focusing on post-settlement resolutions with the BCRC. The presentation will help attendees:
- Comprehend the BCRC's process for resolution of conditional payments in post-settlement matters
- Analyze industry best practice recommendations for creating an internal CPR program
- Understand the latest BCRC procedural changes and their effects on LB and WC claims
Medicare Set-Asides: An Update on Liability Medicare Set-Asides
In his final presentation of the event, Finley will co-present on the topic of Medicare Set-Asides. As part of the program, Finley will:
- Identify potential CMS regional offices that are reviewing Liability MSAs on a consistent basis
- Provide strategies for taking Medicare's future interests into account in liability claims when future medical needs are greater than the settlement
- Discuss the outcome when parties settle a liability claim without an MSA
For more information and to register visit the event website.