WLALA and Hinshaw's Los Angeles Office Co-Host "Financial Planning for Women Lawyers"
May 3, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Hinshaw hosted the event "Financial Planning for Women Lawyers" organized by the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles. The program focused on financial planning and included topics such as:
- Are you set up to succeed or do you only make money one way?
- What are the pitfalls of a partnership? Do you make more if you originate business or act as a service lawyer?
- How do you succeed in a non-equity income partner world and are you exposed to different risks as a non-equity partner?
- Are you at risk form the clients you choose? Should you narrow your focus and what are the red flags?
- How should you plan for family/life cycle events? Does your retirement plan mean you just have to keep working?