Craig Liljestrand to Present at the American Conference Institute’s 17th National Advanced Forum on Asbestos Claims & Litigation
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP attorney Craig Liljestrand will be a Co-Moderator for the "View From the Bench" session that will take place from 8:00 - 9:30 AM on Friday, June 27, 2014 at the American Conference Institute’s 17th National Advanced Forum on Asbestos Claims & Litigation Forum. The session will feature judges from many different courts, including the United States District Court and the Supreme Court.
The Forum will also feature sessions focused on:
- Where asbestos litigation is headed short and long term
- The “every exposure theory"
- Lung cancer claims
- The effect of the estimation ruling in the Garlock bankruptcy case and the latest on courts and legislatures providing for greater transparency between the trust claim and civil tort systems
- Differential diagnosis and gene studies
- New trends in the state of the art
- Daubert hearings challenging expert opinions and methodologies in light of Barabin
- Current science and claims involving cosmetic talc
- New international issues associated with the increased filings by foreign litigants and the defense of cases involving a plaintiff with foreign exposures
- Component part supplier claims and asbestos equipment litigation
- The use of asbestos by the United States Military other than the Navy
For more information on ACI's Forum, visit the ACI website.