Daniel Shatz represents clients in complex business and insurance coverage disputes. With experience at all stages of litigation—from regulatory investigations to mediation and settlement conferences to evidentiary hearings and trials—he ensures clients are informed throughout the process and provides solutions tailored to their unique legal issues.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Daniel worked at local and national law firms where he obtained experience in a wide range of litigation matters, including intellectual property, employment, probate, zoning, and insurance coverage. He has represented clients in individual and class actions before state, federal and bankruptcy courts.
Following the completion of law school and prior to entering into private practice, Daniel was a judicial clerk to the Honorable Robert Gross, Judge, Fourth District Court of Appeal, in West Palm Beach, Florida. While still a student at Cornell Law School, Daniel was a research assistant to Professor Sherry F. Colb, an editor on both the Legal Information Supreme Court Bulletin and the Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a member of the Mock Trial and Moot Court Boards. He was also a judicial extern to the Honorable Joan H. Lefkow, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2018 – 2021
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation, 2021 – 2022
- Panelist, "Construction Claims: A Practical Reservation of Rights Checklist," Hinshaw's Webinar Series: Insurance Insights – What Insurers Need to Know in 2021, Virtual Event, April 27, 2021
- Co-Author, "Is an Additional Insured Entitled to a Loss Run Statement?" Daily Business Review, December 28, 2020
- August 19, 2021Five Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- June 22, 2021
- Hinshaw Lawyers Author Article Exploring When Additional Insureds Are Entitled to a Loss Run StatementJanuary 5, 2021
- January 4, 2021
- Sixty-Five Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2021 Editions of Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchAugust 20, 2020Three Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- June 24, 2021Insights for Insurers
- City Theatre, Board of Directors, 2018 – Present
- ABA/AAJ Mock Trial, Judge
J.D., Cornell Law School, 2011
B.A., cum laude, Skidmore College, 2007
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida