Hinshaw Named to PILI's 2022 Pro Bono Recognition Roster
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is pleased to announce that the firm has been named to the Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) 2022 Pro Bono Recognition Roster. The firm was among 42 law firms and corporations honored at PILI's Annual Pro Bono Reception, which took place on June 15, 2022.
The Pro Bono Recognition Roster honors law firms and corporations that have made significant commitments and contributions to pro bono throughout the state of Illinois. In announcing the award, PILI said, "these firms and corporations are helping ensure that individuals, families and communities who are in need receive legal services."
Honorees must meet at least two of the following criteria within the prior fiscal year:
- An average of 35 pro bono hours per legal professional in Illinois per year.
- A 5% increase in Illinois office(s) pro bono hours from the previous year.
- 60% or more of the firm's Illinois attorneys participate in pro bono work.
- Participation in the Chicago Bar Foundation's Law Firm Leadership Circle, or signing one of PILI's Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Pro Bono Pledges.
- Adoption of innovative steps to involve more Illinois office(s) legal department staff in pro bono work or to expand the law firm's pro bono program.