Navigating the Stop W.O.K.E. and Don't Say Gay Acts
Hinshaw is pleased to bring together Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean J. Trantalis, Senior Political Director Joe Saunders of Equality Florida, Public Policy Director Mike Ziri of Equality Illinois, and Hinshaw Attorneys Andrew Gordon and Laura Knittle for an important discussion on the Stop the Wrongs to Our Kids and Employees ("Stop W.O.K.E.") and Parental Rights in Education ("Don't Say Gay") legislation that went into effect this year in Florida.
This program will:
- Provide a summary of the laws;
- Explore the implications on educators, employers, and Florida communities as a whole; and
- Outline the steps that are being taken by various stakeholders to address the impact.
This hybrid event allows you to participate in one of three ways:
- Join Mayor Dean Trantalis, Joe Saunders, and Andrew Gordon in Fort Lauderdale at The Main Las Olas;
- Watch a simulcast in our Chicago office; or
- Participate virtually via Zoom.
A reception will follow in person in Fort Lauderdale and Chicago.
Dean J. Trantalis
City of Fort Lauderdale
Senior Political Director
Director of Public Policy
Andrew M. Gordon
Laura E. Knittle
Attorneys may earn CLE credits by attending this program in person or virtually. All applications are currently pending. Please be aware that CLE credit hours are not guaranteed and may vary from state to state. More CLE information will be forthcoming once it is available.
Should you have any questions regarding CLE, please contact John Wynne, Hinshaw's Attorney Development and CLE Specialist.
We hope you will join us!