Ian Wagreich Presents at the American Immigration Lawyers Association 75th Annual Conference on Immigration Law
Hinshaw Partner Ian Wagreich will lead a panel at the 75th Annual Conference presented by the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Wagreich’s panel—titled “To Immigrate or Not to Immigrate: That Is the Question”—will consider:
- Visa-specific considerations
- Loss of Status of O and P Support Personnel, B-2 Cohabiting Partners, and B-1 Personal/Family Employees
- Employer Issues: Must the Nonimmigrant Become an LPR (or Ultimately a Citizen) to Participate in Government Contract Work, Receive Research Grants, or Other Restricted Employment?
- Tax Considerations: Taxation on World-Wide Income Can Be a Deterrent to Becoming an LPR
- Timing Issues: Dealing with Rigid Time Frames for NIV Extensions, Aging Out Children, etc.
- Travel Considerations/Preserving Permanent Residence: Is Spending 183 Days a Year in the United States Feasible for the LPR and Family?
For more information and to register, visit the AILA website.