Hinshaw and the NYSBA Present Event on the Realities of Doing Business in Latin America
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is co-sponsoring, together with the New York State Bar Association, International Section, Florida Chapter, a complimentary event titled, "Trade Restrictions and Anti-Corruption Laws: The Realities of Doing Business in Latin America." The presentation and a cocktail reception will take place May 9, 2017, 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. EDT, at the Four Seasons Hotel Miami, and features Eric I. Bustillo, Regional Director, Miami Regional Office, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, among a group of six speakers. Hinshaw partners Kenneth Yeadon and Sergio Acosta are also on the speaker's panel.
The presentation will include discussions on the current state of U.S. sanctions laws and export restrictions affecting trade with Cuba and others in Latin America, the SEC’s current anti-corruption enforcement priorities and cooperation policy and anti-corruption due diligence with respect to joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions in Latin America. The event will also include a panel discussion of the perspectives of in-house and outside counsel, regulators and law enforcement, along with outside investigative professionals as they work through a hypothetical case.
Full List of Speakers:
- Eric I. Bustillo, Regional Director, Miami Regional Office, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Liliana Armas, Senior Legal Counsel, Nokia
- Genilde E. Guerra, Managing Partner, Law Offices of Kravitz & Guerra, P.A.
- Steven Neuman, Managing Director, StoneTurn Group
- Kenneth E. Yeadon, Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Sergio E. Acosta, Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP (Moderator)
For more information, see the link to the invitation for "Trade Restrictions and Anti-Corruption Laws: The Realities of Doing Business in Latin America." CLE credits will be available.