2011 LMRM Conference Panel: Using Pretrial Remedies – Anti-SLAPP Statutes, and Other Evidentiary Early Disposition Motions
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP attorney, Wendy Wen Yun Chang, will be a featured moderator at the 2011 Legal Malpractice & Risk Management Conference (LMRM). The conference will take place February 16 - 18, 2011 in Chicago, Illinois, at the Westin River North Hotel. Ms. Chang will be moderating the topic, "Using Pretrial Remedies – Anti-SLAPP Statutes, and Other Evidentiary Early Disposition Motions," from 1:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. on Wednesday, February 16, 2011.
The new defense weapon, started in 1992 with California's anti-SLAPP statute, now exists in some form in half of the states. This panel will examine the very recent legal developments concerning the use of the statutes. The panel will also discuss similar procedural challenges, such as conspiracy claims, as well as special considerations in using demurrers, motions to dismiss and summary judgment.
This panel is part of the Legal Malpractice Series of Sessions of the LMRM Conference.
Legal Malpractice Sessions
- Trends in Legal Malpractice: A 30-Year Retrospective and An Introduction to the 2011 LMRM
- Settle and Sue: Is Legal Malpractice a Remedy for An Inappropriate Settlement or for the Settlement That Did Not Happen?
- What You Need to Know About Lawyers' Liability Under the Federal and State Securities Laws
- Establishing a Fiduciary Breach
- Using Pretrial Remedies – Anti-SLAPP Statutes, and Other Evidentiary Early Disposition Motions
- Significant Developments in Litigating Legal Malpractice Claims
- Insurance Law
- Stump the Panel
To register for the Legal Malpractice Sessions, the Risk Management Sessions, or for the entire 2011 LMRM Conference, please visit the LMRM website at www.LMRM.com.