What to Expect When Your Employee's Expecting in 2015: Important New Rules for Illinois Employers
Join Hinshaw employment lawyers Aimee Delaney for a discussion on what Illinois employers need to know before a new pregnancy accommodation law takes effect on January 1, 2015. The webinar also will address issues raised by the EEOC’s July 2014 guidance regarding pregnancy, and will preview an upcoming U.S. Supreme Court case that has the potential to change the rules at the federal level. The presentation will explore the following questions and more:
- To which Illinois employers do the new rules apply?
- What new rights do female employees in Illinois have under the law?
- What do employers have to do (and NOT have to do) as a “reasonable accommodation” under the new Illinois law?
- What is the criteria for an “undue hardship” under the Illinois law?
- How may the rules be changing under federal law, including Title VII and the ADA?
Who Should Attend
Business owners, HR policy decision makers, and front-line HR professionals.
Date & Time
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Eastern
12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Central
10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Pacific
Log-in instructions will be sent to registered participants the day before the webinar
HR professionals can earn continuing education credit toward PHR and SPHR recertification. Attorneys may earn CLE credit. Applications pending.
Please contact Maureen Spain at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-704-3030.