Ryan Michaels is a dynamic litigator who represents Fortune 500 companies, the insurance industry, and their insureds in bodily injury and property damage lawsuits. He defends clients in wrongful death, catastrophic bodily injury, and property damage cases involving automobile, premises, product, and general liability; uninsured and underinsured motorist claims; and breach of insurance contracts. At all stages of a case, Ryan develops and executes strategies for his clients to maximize the chance of a favorable outcome.
He also represents the insurance industry pursuing recovery in subrogation claims. In that regard, he litigates cases involving large loss property damage to residential and commercial buildings caused by fire, water intrusion, inadequately installed mechanical equipment, and improperly designed or manufactured products.
Ryan has spent his entire career primarily representing the insurance industry’s interests.
- The Florida Bar
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an individual alleged to have negligently operated his motor vehicle and caused injury to his passenger while traveling to a work event.
- Successfully persuaded a prominent Fort Lauderdale bodily injury law firm to dismiss an uninsured motorist claim brought against an insurer for lack of coverage under the policy.
- Secured complete defense verdict in a bodily injury case involving multiple surgeries and admitted liability based upon lack of causation.
- Resolved a subrogation claim on behalf of a major insurer for a pest control company’s liability policy limits. The company damaged a house located in a "historic district" in West Palm Beach.
Ryan lives in South Florida with his wife, son, and dog. He enjoys spending his free time traveling, watching sports, and trying new food.
J.D., University of Miami School of Law
B.S., Business Administration, University of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida