Thomas Sukowicz Co-author IICLE Chapter on "Attorney Liability Risk Management"
Thomas P. Sukowicz, Chicago and Fort Lauderdale based partners in Hinshaw's Lawyers Professional Liability Group authored "Attorney Liability Risk Management," which appears as Chapter 16 in "Attorneys' Legal Liability 2012 Edition" (2012).
Topics addressed include:
- Accepting/Declining Representation — Engagement Agreements and Nonengagement Letters
- Alcohol, Drug, and Stress-Related Problems
- Billing and Collections
- Client Communications
- Conflicts of Interest
- Disaster Planning
- Docket and Calendar
- Information Management
- Law Firm Names and Sharing Office Space
- Malpractice Insurance/Claims Management
- New Business Screening and Intake
- Outside Activities and Investments with Clients
- Professional Development
- Terminating the Attorney-Client Relationship (Including Disengagement Letters)
- Trust Accounts
- When a Lawyer Needs a Lawyer
- When Mistakes Happen
- Work Control and Supervision
This chapter was first published by IICLE Press.