Thomas McGarry and Jennifer Weller Co-author IICLE Chapter on "The Limitation of Liability Through Business Forms"
August 8, 2012
Thomas P. McGarry and Jennifer W. Weller, Chicago-based partners in Hinshaw's Lawyers Professional Liability and Consumer & Class Action Litigation Groups co-authored " The Limitation of Liability Through Business Forms," which appears as Chapter 15 in "Attorneys' Legal Liability 2012 Edition" (2012).
Topics addressed include:
- ABA Formal Opinion on the Practice of Law as an LLP
- Business Forms in Illinois
- Illinois Supreme Court Rules 721 and 722
- Individual Liability
- Malpractice Insurance
- Supervisory Responsibility Under Illinois Rule of Professional Conduct 5.1
- Vicarious Liability Under RESTATEMENT (THIRD) OF THE LAW GOVERNING LAWYERS
Read the full chapter, "The Limitation of Liability Through Business Forms" on IICLE's website.
This chapter was first published by IICLE Press.