Kevin Sido Author's IICLE Chapter on "Condominium Litigation"
Kevin R. Sido, a Chicago-based Partner in Hinshaw's Professional Lines Group authored "Condominium Litigation," which appears as chapter 16 of the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE) publication, "Illinois Condominium Law" (2010).
This chapter is intended to acquaint the attorney with the common theories and issues raised when a condominium-related dispute is litigated. The chapter discusses the statutes and defining documents that establish the duties and rights of a condominium board member or unit owner. The chapter also focuses on the typical theories of liability in cases between condominium owners and associations. The chapter then briefly discusses those situations involving litigation with outside parties such as developers, property managers, or injured nonresidents. Finally, procedural issues, standing, and insurance considerations are visited.
Topics addressed include:
- Actions Between Condominium Unit Owners and the Association
- Actions Involving Outside Parties
- Substantive and Procedural Issues
- Condominium Property Manager as Defendant
- Liability Insurance for the Association, the Board, Individual Directors, and the Property Manager
This chapter was first published by IICLE Press.