Partner Robert J. Finley to Address Medicare Set-Asides in Personal Injury Cases
October 23, 2018
New federal Medicare regulations impacting tort cases and liability insurance plans may be on the horizon.
Hinshaw partner Robert J. Finley will speak about these anticipated changes and how to prepare in a 90-minute CLE teleconference on October 23, 2018 entitled, "Medicare Set-Asides in Personal Injury - New Developments," presented through The National Business Institute (NBI). The CLE program is designed for attorneys and insurance professionals.
The course content includes:
- New Publications, Guidance and Regulations Under Federal Law
- Recent Case Law and Enforcement Efforts by The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Procedural Overview and Changes
- Mandatory Insurer Reporting Requirements
- When is a Medicare Set Aside (MSA) Required? Evaluating Future Medical Needs
- How CMS Prices MSAs
- Determining an Appropriate Future Medical Allocation
- What Records CMS Requires and How Medicare Reviews MSAs
- Preparing LMSA Proposals for CMS (and Getting Them Approved)
- Medicare Set Aside Funding and Administration
- Sample Medicare Set Asides
For more information and to register visit NBI's dedicated webpage at "Medicare Set-Asides in Personal Injury - New Developments"