With more than three decades of legal experience as both outside counsel and corporate counsel, Mitch Chargo is a business lawyer with a practice focused on commercial real estate, business transactions, and legalized cannabis. Mitch recently served as General Counsel for a Minnesota-based licensed manufacturer of medical cannabis, where he counseled on legal, compliance and regulatory affairs, real estate management, corporate governance, and human resources issues. He currently represents a variety of clients—-tribal entities, growers, and real estate companies—who are seeking to take advantage of opportunities in the Minnesota cannabis and hemp spaces.
Mitch also represents clients in commercial real estate loan transactions and in acquiring, disposing, and leasing retail, office, industrial and multi-family properties. He advises clients in a wide variety of business and corporate transactions, including purchasing and disposing of non-real estate asset classes, executive employment agreements, commercial contract review, and compliance.
Mitch excels within fast-paced and complex organizations, taking a thoughtful and practical approach to solving his clients' problems and managing risk, cost and deadlines. As a seasoned compliance and regulatory professional, commercial attorney, and former litigator, he is known for being a strategic business partner with a results-oriented focus who leads with integrity and transparency.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Mitch was a partner in a mid-sized law firm and a multi-state law firm owner.
- International Cannabis Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- "Minnesota and Adult Recreational Use of Cannabis: The Intersection of Commercial Real Estate and Cannabis," Cresa Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Minnesota, July 31, 2023
- September 1, 2023
- Mitchel Chargo Appears on the KQRS Morning Show, Discusses the Legalization of Adult-Use Cannabis in MinnesotaAugust 3, 2023
- Mitchel Chargo Profiled in Higher Law Newsletter, Discusses Minnesota Cannabis Licensing and RegulationsJuly 11, 2023
- Hinshaw Adds Seasoned Commercial Real Estate Partner and Former In-House Cannabis Lawyer to Minneapolis OfficeJanuary 11, 2023